Jul 21, 2020
Here are some more questions we discuss:
- How did Ochem break you?
- Why is organic chemistry so hard?
- What is the neuroscience of cross country skiing?
- What living environment can you not stand (geographical)?
- How do you pick a career?
- Did academia stifle you?
- What is the model in neuroscience right now that you suspect is
wrong yet everyone still believes?
- What is the system of memory that helps us build physical
skills? What about other skills?
- Why does it help someone learn to give them a
- What is the emotional flavor you experience when you learn
- Why is it important to learn Ochem?
- What's the deal with false memories? What is the neuroscience
- Has anyone started to do virtual dissections on Zoom?
- Which is the school that is most open hearted when it comes to
teaching cognitive science?
- This gets into mimetics
- How have you adapted to homeschooling your kids?
- What's the deal with abstraction from a neuroscience
- How have small liberal schools adapted to the recent change in
higher education practices?
- Why is it important for your education to be intimate?
- What are the parts of studying neuroscience that you have to do
- Are liberal arts colleges going to survive COVID 19?
- What things need to be abstracted away to teach someone
- What is the difference between neuroscience and
- What is the divide between philosophy and psychology?
- What does it mean to be a reductionist?
- What is it we don't understand about neuroscience?
- Can we change the fact that scientific papers aren't written
for the general public?
- Why does someone (or myself) need an editor?
- Read "the fourth draft" or "on writing well"
- What is missing in this thing I just wrote?